Saturday, December 10, 2011
Saturday Fun
Our friends have a tradition of going to the "sports field" of a nearby high school on Saturday mornings. This area is pretty much a running track that has some dead grass in the middle. Since there aren't really playgrounds or anywhere to take kids (no children's museums, no parks, no zoos, etc.), this is about as exciting as it gets here. Some Saturday mornings, we'll go to let Noah play with other kids (and Richard gets to run around the track). While sometimes I wish that I could take Noah to cooler places like they have in the US, I've come to realize that kids seriously just need a pile of dirt and some sticks to have fun. Noah LOVES going to this sports field. He doesn't know any better...he doesn't know anything else. It doesn't matter that the "sandbox" they play in isn't really a sandbox (it's the pit for the long jump)...he loves it anyways. He loves meeting up with other kids and playing with dirt. Sometimes I grimace at how dirty he gets while he plays, but it's nothing a bath can't fix...so why not? =)



Posted by
esther