This afternoon, I worked away in the kitchen to get ready for a busy week of hosting guests. While Noah napped, I made: hummus, spinach dip, brownies, and salsa. It took me awhile to do dishes tonight, but I'm excited to eat it all in the next few days! =) And last night, I made Thin Mint Ice Cream (mint ice cream with crushed thin mints added in), a wannabe version of the Girl Scouts Limited Edition ice cream we ate at R&L's house in Norcal (ah how I miss our nightly ice cream fests). Thanks to D&S for sending us the thin mints to make it possible! It's been one of those days, so I think I'll have to go eat some as soon as I finish this post!
Anyhow, all this cooking made me want to post about my favorite recipe sites right now. The main site I use for almost everything (introduced to me by my sister) is Food.com. I get recipes off of here for waffles, apple tarts, meatballs, and anything else I want to make. I love how you can see people's ratings and comments about the recipes (so you know exactly what modifications should be made, if any). The other site I've been really enjoying lately (introduced to me by my good friend A) is market2meal.blogspot.com. If you live overseas, you have GOT to check out this site. I love getting recipes from this site since she lives in the same context I do. I've tried a handful of the recipes off of here (including the salsa I made today), and so far, I've been pleased.
For all you cooks out there, check them out! Anyhow, I have to go....my thin mint ice cream is calling my name!