Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pause

Before coming back to the US, Richard and I spent a few days wrestling with the decision of whether or not to come back. Now that we're here and seeing how great it has been to be back, we're so thankful for the decision we made. I felt like we were hitting the pause button on our lives overseas so that we could take an unexpected trip to be with family as we mourned the loss of my grandmother. "Hitting pause" allowed me to mourn, process, and be with family, which was a tremendous blessing. It reminded me of what a beautiful woman my grandmother was...and what a great legacy she left for her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. I got to be with lots of immediate and extended family, some of whom I haven't seen in many years. I got to eat dinner with my parents, brother, and sister, who I miss so much when we're overseas. It was such a sweet time as we ate and shared stories about my grandma over dinner (she lived with us when we were kids). I hope that perhaps in just a small way, seeing us was also a comfort to my grandpa and my mom. It really has been whirlwind trip, but we are treasuring every moment of it.

Here's a picture that was "dug up" last week that was taken years ago. I look forward to seeing her again one day!