After lunch and dinner, Noah typically gets "dessert" in the form of fruit. He eats tons of bananas and homemade applesauce. While we were in CA, Noah discovered a love for lots of other fruits--plums, blueberries, grapes, etc. In the past, I haven't bought a lot of variety of fruit either because we can't get them (blueberries), I never thought they were as good as CA fruit (plums), or I just thought they were too much hassle (grapes). Anyhow, for Noah's sake, we've been branching out more, and recently I've been pleasantly surprised that some of the fruit is better than I expected....it just takes a lot more work to wash and eat here. So when I was at the fruit stand earlier this week, I decided to buy some grapes. I was reluctant since they've been sour to me in the past, but these were pretty good. Here's what it takes to get grapes ready for Noah to eat:
1) Rinse grapes in tap water
2) Wash grapes with produce wash
3) Rinse
4) Soak grapes with potassium permanganate (we do this with anything we eat raw that we do not peel, which also explains why we don't eat salads much)
5) Rinse with drinking water
6) Cut grapes in half & remove all seeds (I sure wish they sold seedless grapes here)
7) Repeat step 6 with every single grape
And voila...here is your bowl of ready-to-eat grapes:

It sure does make me appreciate all the time my mom spent peeling my fruit all those years! But I guess it was worth it because Noah LOVED the grapes and stuffed his mouth full of them!