Saturday, December 18, 2010

Out and About

Despite the cold weather this week, we were fortunate to have some sunshine the past two days. I confess that in cold, rainy weather, often days will pass without me leaving the house...but I honestly felt like the sunshine recharged this California girl. =) Since the weather is often overcast and rainy, we just HAD to get out and enjoy the wonderful sun!

Here's a picture of us in our neighborhood. I gotta say, I LOVE the peekaru (the blue vest below)! I'd probably never use it if I lived in CA, but here, I use it all the time! Not only does it keep Noah super warm, but it also keeps other people from telling me that my child isn't dressed warmly enough (which often happens)!


So where did we go? A knock-off western restaurant that is one of the few places in town that has a relaxing ambiance. It's also one of the few restaurants that has a high chair!

Yes, I'm ashamed, but Noah is in his pajamas. In my defense, it was a last minute decision to go out, and he already seemed so warm in his multiple layers. AND it's actually quite common for people, including grown adults, to be out and about in their pajamas...so why not embrace local fashion? =)