Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Since both Richard and I grew up with large, annual Christmas family gatherings, it was quite a change for us not to be with extended family for the holidays. In fact, this was our first time EVER for us not to be with at least some family for Christmas. Life has been pretty busy lately and with a party scheduled for Christmas day, we opted to have an intimate family dinner at home...enjoying our first holiday season as a family of 3. Since Christmas is not really celebrated here, today was just like any other day, where Richard was out while I was home with Noah (and cooking a modest Christmas Eve dinner). But we had some great family time in the late afternoon and evening. Here is a glimpse into our Christmas eve (food pictures will have to come later):



Many thanks to our friends D&S, K&E, A&S, and R&R for the goodies in the care package we received this week. I have to confess that I was superduper excited to have wrapped presents to put under the tree! I can't wait to let Noah rip into them tomorrow morning...though he sure did enjoy sneaking a peek at them today!

Thanks also to our BOL friends for all the awesome cards and holiday greetings. It's times like these when we really miss being "home"...but the cards and gifts sure do give us warm fuzzies!! And a special shout-out to our dear friend S who coordinates everything and fuels the cookie craziness with recipes, techniques, and supplies!