Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Long Trip Home

We've been back in the US for nearly a week now...and it's great to be back.  The trip home was long, but really, it went about as well as we could have hoped for.  I know I've sung the praises of Korean Air in the past, but they definitely have continued to win my loyalty.  They're great with kids--great toys, meals, and so responsive to parent needs.  In addition, on a overnight layover in Korea, they covered our accommodations.  I wasn't expecting much since they were paying for it, but they put us up at the Grand Hyatt just 5 minutes away from the airport.  It was SO nice...AND they gave us dinner and breakfast buffet coupons.  The dinner was understandably the best korean bbq buffet food we've ever had...it was awesome...and all for free!  You all know I love a good deal!  The icing on the cake was that they didn't just give us one room, but TWO rooms....so that the boys were in the adjoining room next door.  On the long flight home, we also had two full rows (6 seats) to ourselves (including one row of bulkhead seats), which was so great for the boys to have extra room to sleep and play.  The boys only slept about 2 hours on the plane (out of 13 hours), but it was manageable since we had the extra room.  If anything, I've really been reminded that it's so much better to fly during off-peak season! 

Once we got back, I knew the real challenge would be getting over jetlag.  In the past, that has sometimes been more challenging than the actual flying itself.  Noah was a superstar and slept through ever since the first night back.  Caleb, even though he would wake for 4 nights, was pretty good since he'd go back to sleep at least.  And now for the past two nights, we've enjoyed both of them sleeping through the night...so I'm pretty grateful that jetlag doesn't seem to have lasted too long.

Now we're getting "busy" with American life--getting settled, school, doctor's appointments, etc.  We're so thankful to be back.  Thank you so much for remembering us throughout our journeys....I really think it made our trip back so much smoother.  We appreciate you and can't wait to catch up with many of you!