Thursday, March 28, 2013

1 to 2...to 5

Originally, I was planning on writing a post about how going from 1 kid to 2 kids is a big challenge.  Don't get me wrong, having 2 kids has been SO much fun, but Richard and I find ourselves so much more tired at the end of each day than when we just had 1 kid.  But I think the challenges have climaxed since our return overseas.  With both kids waking up in the middle of the night regularly, we find ourselves longing for a decent night's sleep.  This has been one of the first times when I really felt the "cost" of having such transient lives.  Yet I know that as my dad says, "this too shall pass."

But I've decided that 2 isn't so hard.  In a sudden turn of events, our friends needed us to babysit, so we now have 5 kids for a few days.  Thankfully, our friend's 3 kids are really great kids, but it's tiring nonetheless.  Meal times have been somewhat amusing...and getting ready for bedtime was kind of crazy.  Richard and I have been calling all the kids by the wrong names and as Richard says, "with 5, you just kind of lose count."  But all 5 are now peacefully sleeping and for that, I'm grateful. :)  Now, I better go to bed early...tomorrow will be another very full day!

Noah LOVES helping me in the kitchen.  Here we are prepping sushi and spam masubi.

THIS is exactly why I LOVE having 2 kids.