Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Wednesday Dinners
One of the traditions we started when we moved here is to have a bunch of people over for dinner on Wednesdays. We try a cook food from a variety of countries to give our local friends a chance to experience different cultures. So far, we've done Taiwanese, Italian, and Mexican. We love having people over...and the night typically ends with us all being stuffed silly. Sorry these pictures aren't the best, but I just wanted to take a couple quick shots to give you a glimpse of what our Wednesday dinners involve. Last week's Mexican feast took a couple days to prepare since everything was made completely from scratch. Here's the spread: tortillas, Spanish rice, refried beans, chicken, mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, peppers & onions, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and yogurt (the healthy alternative to sour cream). If I lived in the US, I probably would've bought the tortillas, beans, salsa, and yogurt...and washing lettuce wouldn't have taken an hour...but I think it was worth it since people seemed to enjoy it!
Posted by
esther