I'm sorry I haven't updated sooner...I've been meaning to, but we didn't have internet (it just got set up today - yay!). We ended up having a relatively smooth trip out in a van packed with the remainder of our stuff that didn't fit in the moving truck. Noah got antsy during parts of the trip, but he didn't throw up at all! Thanks for remembering us! I think not giving him milk or lunch helped (he just got water, crackers and cheerios)....poor guy was starving and crying for milk when we arrived!
The past few days have been SUPER busy and tiring as we've been working to finish up the renovations and then cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. We're excited to be here, though the idea that this is now home seems a bit surreal. We've had a bunch of frustrating moments through the process...like how the painters are SO messy...or how there are different colored tiles in the bathroom....or how the cabinet people messed up and put handles on both sides of a cabinet door...or how a LOT of our stuff got damaged/broken/scuffed up/scratched in the moving truck....I could go on and on. But we're trying to let go of those frustrations and press on.
In happier news, my parents arrive tomorrow. I am SO excited to see them and have them here...though I would have liked to be more settled for their arrival. Anyways, I better go...we've been severely sleep deprived with all the cleaning and the annoying mosquitoes keeping us up at night. I'll try to post some pictures soon!