Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Not so easy

As we plan to move, one of the things I struggle with about moving more remote is accessibility.  Earlier I mentioned how happy I was that there's an airline that is now flying between my current city and the city we plan to move to.  Having the option of taking a 35 minute flight instead of a 6 hour bus trip is a huge relief to me for so many reasons.  Yet I forgot to mention that the reliability of these flights is...well, not reliable.  Remember how I said we were going home on Monday?  It's Tuesday, and I'm not home yet.  They called us yesterday, two hours before our flight, and said it was canceled.  Usually flights here are canceled due to weather, but it was a pleasant, sunny day!  Ah, but apparently the clouds weren't high enough...so they had to cancel the flight.  And since there are only 3-4 flights scheduled per week, we decided to stay here until tomorrow instead of opting to take the bus or hire a driver.  Anyhow, we are really, REALLY hoping we can fly out tomorrow since that will only leave us less than a week to pack up our apartment!!  Please ask that the flight tomorrow won't be canceled!