Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back for Now

We're back from our trip, and we had a really great time! Our time away was super busy and packed full of different things, but overall, we had a really nice time. Usually trips that are meant to be productive with meetings, appointments, etc. aren't usually fun, but I'm glad we managed to enjoy ourselves (maybe it's because we got to eat lots of yummy food ;-b)!

We got to spend a lot of time with people that we don't normally get to. Not only was it fun for us (I had such a nice time just chatting with girlfriends), but Noah also had a blast! We had some older "kids" take care of him, and they were AMAZING with him. He would just walk away from us to go play with them and not miss us at all!! It was so nice to have childcare like that since I've never experienced that before. I loved it, but I think he loved it even more! I've always felt a little bad that Noah doesn't have more friends his age here to play with, but this trip showed me how valuable it is to have children of a variety of ages. All of the older kids were so great about playing with him and watching out for him.

I also got to do a ton of shopping at Ikea, in preparation for our move to our new home. It was tiring to do so much shopping in one day (with Noah in tow), but I'm so excited about our new furniture! We got home at 8pm on Friday night, and Richard left at 6am Saturday morning to check the progress of our future apartment. Unfortunately, he was disappointed with the progress and work that has been done (i.e. pipes in the wrong place, electrical wiring in the wrong place, etc.), but we're working on adjusting our expectations and dealing with our frustrations. =P

Another important part of our trip was getting Noah's vaccinations. Here's what I was surprised to hear from the doctor:
- Noah is in a low percentile for weight (around 25th). The doctor said I should try and feed him more. I replied, "Seriously? He eats a LOT!" And funny, but I've never really thought of Noah as a small baby (those of you who saw him at 3 months know why)!
- Noah's head is smaller than average. Haha, I always thought it was bigger than average.
Anyhow, we were glad that he seems to be healthy and that he didn't have any problems with the vaccinations.

Anyhow, enough babbling for now....here are a few pictures:

Here's Richard keeping Noah entertained on the people mover since our flight home was delayed. He had never walked on one before and was so excited!


Occasionally I'll let Noah watch a clip of Sesame Street or Elmo, which he loves. Here he is listening to Elmo Song, which he loves, thanks to my sister who introduced him to it! Notice how he's giving a courtesy wave to the camera, but was too busy watching to look!