I used to think that traveling was relaxing and enjoyable. Nowadays, traveling just seems like a necessary and often stressful part of our lives here. We were fortunate enough to be able to spend the ENTIRE month of April at home. Rarely do we go a whole month with no traveling...it was SO nice! Well, it was nice while it lasted...we're taking off tomorrow morning. To get to our destination, here's how we'll get there: taxi, plane, taxi, train, metro, walk. I'm guessing the entire journey will take over 7 hours...hopefully not much more than that. We need to exit the country for visa reasons...but we decided to have some fun with it. Since we have to travel anyhow, we decided to spend a week visiting my college friend and cousin. We're really looking forward to spending time with them and eating all sorts of yummy food that we can't get here! (Gosh, I really talk about food a lot, don't I? :))
Before we take off, I'll leave you with a picture from dinner today. Growing up, my mom used to always let me lick the rice spatula since I LOVE plain, white rice...and it was always such a fun part of the meal. Tonight, I decided to let Noah lick it. When Richard saw it, he chuckled and said to Noah, "That looks like somebody I know," and then to me, "He's definitely your son."