- It snowed a few days ago!! That's right...it's March and it's still cold...so cold that it snowed.
- The whole town is buying salt. The events in Japan have sparked numerous rumors about future salt shortage and contamination. So everybody in town is buying salt. Our friend even told us that he saw a line yesterday that was several hundred people long....all buying salt. Our house helper showed up this morning, pleased that she found two packs of salt this morning at the market. She asked what we thought about the whole thing and whether or not we needed salt, to which we replied that we were fine in our salt supply. =)
- It's 11pm, and there's no water. Yesterday, we were given notice that there would be an all-day water outage, but it was supposed to be back on by 8pm....but still no water. Dishes are piled high, but I'm thankful that we were at least given advanced notice about the outage (which doesn't always happen) so that we could store a bunch of water in buckets/bowls/baby tub in last night. Lesson learned: next time, use disposable dishes. Those of you who know we like to play "Would you rather...?" will be interested to know that we decided that we definitely rather have an all day water outage than an all day power outage. So while it's been inconvenient, it hasn't been too bad.
Anyways, that's a random update from my life...but there are also a lot of things I'm thankful for. Noah caught a nasty cold this week (probably the one I had the week before), but he's almost better. I can tell since he's pretty much back to his chipper, giggly self. We're really hoping he'll get better quickly since we need him to be completely healthy as we travel to get his vaccinations next week. I'm also thankful that the lower back pain I got a few days ago (is this what happens once you hit 30?) is almost better. Aside from our various ailments, it's been a super fun week seeing Noah become more and more mobile each day. Also, last night, Richard and I got to go on our first date night since we've been back. So this week definitely wasn't normal, but it turned out pretty well. Anyhow, I'll leave you with two random pictures of my cutie.