Particularly during winter, the local "fashion" here is to wear sleeve covers to protect the sleeves of your coats and other tops from getting dirty as you work or go about your daily chores. I confess that I used to think these things were pretty odd...especially the glittery neon green ones. But I guess that's the beauty of them...they come in all colors, fabrics, and sizes. Both adults and children wear them. Now that I've been living here for a few years, I've come to appreciate the practicality of these things. After all, when you're wearing so many layers everyday, your sleeves are bound to get wet and/or dirty. Although I don't wear them myself (though I have come close to purchasing a pair), they are GREAT for Noah, particularly now when he's learning to feed himself and gets food smeared everywhere. So here he is, modeling his sleeve covers for you as he enjoys his banana. You too can own a pair like this for a mere 30 cents. Now who wants to start this trend in the US?