I am so tired. But it's a thankful, happy, exhausted, and relieved kind of tired.
We live in the boonies with a tiny airport that used to have flights 4x/wk to a big city. But this year all those flights have been cancelled (even after we booked tickets) since I guess business wasn't profitable. So today we had to car, train, and fly to the city...it took us about 8 hours. I know I need to learn to pack lighter, but with three kids, and because we will be on the road for a month (for vacation and meetings) in four different places/climates, it's pretty much impossible for me to pack light. And with no escalators, my poor hubby had to carry it all up and down many stairs (he's amazing, I know).
So even though it was an exhausting trek just to get here for Naomi to get her vaccinations tomorrow, I'm so grateful that we are here safe and sound. And nothing was delayed or canceled, which is what we worry about in this freezing weather.
But I must confess, I think sometimes I'm a little relieved that we won't be doing rural living much longer. It's pretty tiring....but a good tiring.
So here begins our month-long adventure...I'm so excited (especially for the warmer weather)!!