Now that it's SUPER hot and I've concluded that Caleb's eczema has nothing to do with my dairy intake, we've been in major ice cream mode! We've already finished Mango Sorbet (from my dairy-free days), and right now, my freezer has Thin Mint and Vanilla Bean ice creams....so yummy! Unfortunately, my freezer is running out of room because of all the ice cream, frozen fruit (for smoothies), and baby food!
But I really miss ice cream cones...seems like such a silly little thing, right? Call me crazy, but I wasn't satisfied with just my homemade ice cream, so I decided I had to figure out a way to make cones with the recipe from
my favorite ice cream book. I tried making them a few years ago in my oven, but it just wasn't the same. Anyhow, this morning, Noah and I went to the local bakery and made some delicious waffle cone bowls!! Initially, the shop keeper was a bit apprehensive and thought I was a bit strange for wanting to make my own stuff in their press, but she ended up thinking it was pretty yummy! I thought the funniest part was when she asked me where my store is. I explained that I didn't have a store and that I just like to make things at home. Then she said, "Oh, so you make it at home, then sell it to other people?" Then I explained, "No, I don't sell these, I just like to eat them myself. Uhh, and my son really likes eating ice cream." Haha! Anyways, the lady was so sweet about the whole thing (she wouldn't let me pay her anything!), and I was pretty proud of my accomplishment. Since the weather is pretty humid and the cones won't stay crunchy for long, I guess we'll just have to eat a lot of ice cream in the next few days!
 |
| The shop keeper using my batter to make waffle bowls |
 |
| Putting my Ikea plasticware to good use to shape my bowls |
 |
| The finished product! YAY! |