Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fun Week

Our friends are here for a few days, and we've had a really fun time with them.  We've given them a glimpse of our lives by doing 2 village trips and showing them around our town.

This is probably the most remote place I've ever been to.  After our car ride, we had to take a boat to cross the river before going up the mountain. 
I think we tired out the boys
Worth the trek
Yesterday, we went to another friend's village where we played in the river.  Noah loved it!
What do you do when there are no toys?  Let your son play with a pile of rocks!
Noah insisted on trying the snails served during lunch.  He loved them and ate a bunch.  At one point, I overheard Richard telling him, "You have to eat more rice before you can have any more snails!"  Now there's a sentence I never expected to have to say to my child!  I'm so proud of how he embraces the new things around him.
I think Noah's favorite activity was feeding the pigs the watermelon rinds
Playing in town
Cheap entertainment

Caleb: I'm not laundry!
For our anniversary, Richard bought me an ice cream cone maker so I could make cones myself.  I love it!  Noah loves it too!  Here he is with Auntie S eating one scoop of chocolate ice cream with another scoop of oatmeal ice cream--what a treat!

Still practicing his driving