| Richard took Noah to the zoo |
| Noah had fun feeding the goats |
| Time with grandparents |
We had a great time, but we're happy to be back home. We had a long trip home as we boarded the plane more than an hour late (but of course nobody bothered telling the passengers that the flight would be delayed, so we were just left pacing the hot, muggy, and smoke-filled airport and wondering when we were going to board). Then once we finally boarded the plane, it was another hour and a half inside the plane before we took off. Needless to say, we were exhausted. And for those of you who think our boys are perfect travelers, do not be deceived. Caleb screamed for awhile...but oh well...what can you do? Poor guy was so tired...but as always, we all survived. Caleb is especially happy to home, rolling around instead of being carried all the time. We've also transitioned the boys to sharing a room, which has been working out pretty well.
I would dare to bet that most, if not all, parents of 3 year olds have some hilarious conversations with their children. Noah is constantly making us laugh and yesterday was no different. But I'm often amused not only because of what he says, but also because of how the things he says is probably so different than the average kid in the US. Here are just two samples of our conversation yesterday.
Getting reprimanded by my son:
I accidentally dropped some trash on the kitchen floor, and Noah found it.
Noah: "Mommy, what's this on the floor?"
Me: "It's trash. I must've dropped it."
Noah: "Don't do that! This isn't the village!"
Dinner time conversation:
We were having chicken for dinner. Since we had to buy the whole chicken, there was the head and other various parts on the table.
Noah: "I want to eat the chicken eye!"
Richard: "You can't eat the chicken eye."
Noah: "Why not?"
Richard: "Because it doesn't taste good."
Noah: "Can I eat that part?"
Richard: "No, that's the chicken bum bum."
Noah: "I want to eat chicken bum bum!"
Richard: "No, that part doesn't taste good."
Noah: "Why'd you cook it?"
Richard: "We just used it to make the soup taste good."
Noah: "Puuullleeeaaassseee? Can I eat the chicken bum bum?"
Richard: "No, but I'll give you some chicken feet."
Noah: "Ok!"
Richard: "Hm, maybe not the toes."
Noah: "I want the toes! I want the toes!"
Richard: "No, the toes have too many bones."
Noah: (Sigh) "Ok."
...and he proceeded to happily eat the chicken feet. Of course he asked several more times to eat the chicken bum bum, but we stood firm. Anybody else having this conversation with their 3 year old?