I was not planning on sending Noah to school while we were in the US. We had considered it, but he was very clingy and couldn't stand to be apart from us. He'd cry if we left him with other people...and I always attributed his clinginess to our very transient lifestyle. But then he turned 2 1/2, and it was as if a switch went off inside him where he suddenly wanted to be more independent. We had heard that changes like this could be sudden...and it certainly was. Seriously, the Sunday before he turned 2 1/2, he cried when we dropped him off for Sunday school...and then the Sunday after he turned 2 1/2, there were no tears at all when we dropped him off. When I picked him up, he proudly told me, "Mommy, no cry!" explaining to me that he hadn't cried at all while I was gone.
So two weeks ago, he started saying he wanted to go to school since he saw his cousin E (who is exactly 3 months younger than him) go to school. I was definitely hesitant, doubting that he was ready for such a big thing...but he insisted that he wanted to "Just try" to go to school. We were fortunate enough to get him into a great preschool down the block from our house and in the same class as his cousin. It's pretty amazing since you normally have to enroll months in advance and there's typically a wait list...but there was room for Noah, so I really had no excuse not to enroll him! So this past Monday, my little boy went to school for the first time. It's only twice a week...9-12 on Mondays and 9-2 on Tuesdays, but it feels like such a big deal! We're thankful that he seems to be enjoying it and transitioning well. I can't believe he's growing up so fast!!
 |
| Leaving for school |
 |
| In front of his new school |
 |
| Posing with his cousin E before class |