Wednesday, February 22, 2012

American Dinner

My mom pointed out that I didn't post pictures from last Wednesday's dinner, so I didn't want to disappoint her again. =) Ever since we got back from Thailand, I've started repeating countries...I was simply running out of ideas (though feel free to email me if you have some ideas or recipes). So last week we did Mexican, and tonight was American food...not very exciting, but still yummy for us.


Our menu: hot dogs (only the buns were homemade, not the hot dogs!), baked potatoes (with all the fixings), chili, and macaroni salad.

Funny story about my lack of language fluency - Yesterday a local friend was over, and I showed her the hot dog buns I had just finished baking. I started explaining how you stick a hot dog inside the bun...but instead of saying hot dog, I accidentally said, "You open the bun, then you stick dog meat inside." Dog meat is actually common here...but my husband was quick to gently correct me. Good thing...I did NOT want her thinking that I was serving dog meat tonight.


Funny how my son who doesn't like to eat American food (he has a strong preference for Chinese food and seems to hardly eat when I make Western food), has no problem with eating American desserts. Here he is with his buddy enjoying the chocolate cake and vanilla bean ice cream.