Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Recipes

It's no secret that I have a big sweet tooth...and baking has become one of my outlets since moving overseas.  But I recently discovered that my caffeine intake was affecting Naomi's nighttime sleep.  Thankfully I don't drink coffee, tea, or Coke....but I love my chocolate.  Yet for the sake of my daughter and my sanity, I decided to cut out all caffeine--including chocolate!--during daytime hours.  (Yes, I confess I am often running to my brownie or chocolate stash once she goes to bed!) 

However, this change has led to a lot of new dessert recipes for our family...some of which have become favorites.  So since it's been a long time since I've shared some recipes, I thought I would share our two latest favorites:

Incredible Lemon Cake

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I can't remember whether or not I've posted the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe before, but I figure if it's good enough to now be Richard's favorite cookie (beating out his previous pick of double chocolate chip), then it would be worth mentioning again.

Happy baking!