Thursday, February 13, 2014

Home at last


We're finally home!   We got back a few days ago and it really IS a miracle that we made it.  The flights had been cancelled for several days before, but the day we were supposed to fly, we were cautiously optimistic.  The plane flew, and we were SO thankful for the Father's grace to us.  I took the above picture because I have NEVER seen TWO airplanes in our town before.  Usually there's just one, but because the airline was "making up" for the cancelled flights, there were two flights on the day we returned.  So there you have it, TWO airplanes in our town - wow!

It's freezing, literally.  Our home was 37F, and after running the heaters for a day, we were able to get it up to around 50F.  After a few days, certain rooms are little better, but it's still really cold (especially our bedroom and bathrooms...the living room and kids' room are better).  It's definitely taken some getting used to after the beautiful sunshine of Thailand.  It's also been challenging since I've been busy doing laundry and stocking up my freezer again (with bagels, waffles, etc.).  But that means I have to turn off my heater since I have to be careful of how much electricity I use (don't want to blow a fuse)! =P  Anyways, I'm cold and hoping for warmer weather SOON!!  I still have a lingering cough, so hoping that goes away soon too!

Anyways, I think I'll go make myself some hot apple cider to stay warm.  Happy V-day!