Like I mentioned in my last post, I went to the wholesale market on Monday with some friends. Part of settling back into life here meant stocking up on western goods that aren't sold elsewhere. Among the things I bought were: salsa, pasta (15 packages!), mustard, cream cheese, cream, sauerkraut, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, syrup, bbq sauce, and lots of other goodies, too numerous to mention. I was pretty excited since some of the things I bought didn't used to be available here.
Richard and I once showed many of you a picture of us with large blocks of cheese. Since cheese is hard to come by where we live, we had bought it from a large city and flown it back with us. That one photo, by far, has gotten the most comments and questions. Soooo, back by popular demand are our CHEESE PHOTOS! I bought both Mozzarella and Cheddar this time. Cheddar was a particularly good find since it's not always available...only problem was that I had to buy 20 kg! I debated...and I bought it! Don't worry, I'll sell most of it to friends...but for your viewing pleasure, here are pictures of our cheese. This afternoon I shredded and froze the 3.65 kg block of moz...and once the cheddar block finishes defrosting, I'll chop that up too.
In case you've ever wondered what a 44 pound block of cheddar cheese looks like, now you know!


